On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:25:57 +0200, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
>
>> > Does that mean I shouldn't have to run lafilefixer as it runs
>> > automatically on new installs?
>>
>> You should still run it once, to make sure that the system is clean, but
>> you can forget about it afterwards, and even unmerge it from the system.
>
> Ah, so portage uses an internal finction, it doesn't need lafilefixer. In
> that case I'll run and unmerge it.
>
>> The alternative, of course, is to emerge -e world — but I wouldn't
>> suggest that just to spend some time ;)
>
> I consider most uses of emerge -e world as the Gentoo equivalent of a
> Windows reinstall.

So true. The couple of times I've used it my mental state was "I give up."

I must admit that nearly every day I spend using Windows 7 (which I
have to for my futures trading) I feel pretty much the same. So
depressing how bad even this newest version of Windows is compared to
where Linux & Gentoo have gotten to.

GGUG +1
GOGUG +1

- Mark