On 2010-09-29 6:40 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> First of all, you should install lafilefixer and let it pass through the
> currently-installed system:
>
> # emerge lafilefixer
> # lafilefixer --justfixit
>
> This will convert the references to libtool archives to the -llibname
> form, which works both with and without them.
>
> Secondly, you can avoid any future requirement for this by sanitising
> the newly installed .la files; this can be done either by using the
> (currently testing) Portage 2.1.9 series, or by adding the following
> snippet to your /etc/portage/bashrc:
>
> post_src_install() {
>     lafilefixer "${D}"
> }

For those of us who prefer to stay with the stable portage, am I correct
that once the 2.1.9 portage series goes stable, that we would then
remove the above from /etc/portage/bashrc? What would happen if I forgot
to do so (ie, how important is it)?

Thanks Diego for communicating this situation so well... it is much
appreciated.

Charles