On 10/14/2010 04:23 AM, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 17:06 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

Forgot one last thing.  After you do what I described in my other post,
make sure to execute:

eselect opengl set ati

Hi Nikos,

Thanks for the advice.

I think that the instructions that you're providing, however, are for
the closed source ATI driver.  I've already battled unsuccessfully with
that driver via OpenSUSE, Kubuntu, Fedora and gentoo, so I'm trying to
configure using the open source Radeon driver instead, with reference to
this wiki here
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Radeon

You mentioned that you used "fglrxinfo" in your post, which assumes you're using the closed source driver :-/ Another hint was that you're using an HD5000 series card, which is not supported correctly by the open source drivers anyway at this point.

Anyway, if you're on open source drivers, I think that's your problem. Only the closed source driver works correctly with 3D for HD5000 cards at this moment.