On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 10:32 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> You mentioned that you used "fglrxinfo" in your post, which assumes
> you're using the closed source driver :-/  Another hint was that you're
> using an HD5000 series card, which is not supported correctly by the
> open source drivers anyway at this point.

Yeah - I realised afterwards that I had left a few things in place from
a failed attempt at installing the closed source drivers.

> Anyway, if you're on open source drivers, I think that's your problem.
> Only the closed source driver works correctly with 3D for HD5000 cards
> at this moment.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll take another crack at the closed source
drivers, and if that doesn't work, I'll rip out the $%^& thing and
replace it with an Nvidia card<g>

Jeff