Apparently, though unproven, at 22:37 on Friday 22 October 2010, Zeerak
Mustafa Waseem did opine thusly:

> > > I understood the future of Openrc within Gentoo to be in question:
> > > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_ce55de133ca592b638db758c9e457
> > > 370.xml
> >

> > An interesting read, until the rants start, we'll just have to wait and
> > see.
> >

> Well, there isn't any question as far as whether or not openrc is going to
> be stabilized, there is however a question of what's going to be put in
> ~arch afterwards, whether or not to use devicekit or whatever it's called
> now. I don't have time to find them myself, but check out the two threads
> named "The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo" and "openrc stabilization
> update". The general consesus is that for now openrc will be stabilized
> and the project has been brought back into Gentoo, so the question for now
> is what the future of ~arch is.

It's openrc-${PV}+1 - there's no question about that.

Until someone actually ponies up and commits something other than openrc to
the tree, it's gonna stay on openrc.

I think you misunderstand what ~arch means.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com