On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:20:52PM -0600, Dale wrote

> This is mine and it worked when I rebooted a bit ago.
>
> LABEL=boot        /boot        ext2        noatime        1 2
> LABEL=root         /        reiserfs    defaults    0 1
> LABEL=swap        none        swap        sw        0 0
> LABEL=portage    /usr/portage    ext3        defaults    0 1
> LABEL=home        /home        reiserfs    defaults    1 1
> LABEL=data        /data        reiserfs    defaults    0 1
>
> I use a variety of file systems don't I?  lol  I hope that helps.

  I have my own weird setup that optimizes disk usage, without LVM.  It
consists of a 256 *MEGA*byte / partition (ext2fs), some swap, and the
rest of the drive is one big reiserfs3 partition mounted as /home.
/opt, /var, /usr/, and /tmp physically reside on the big /home
partition, but are bindmounted into the / partition.

/dev/sda1               1      121601   976760001    5  Extended
/dev/sda5               1          33      265009+  83  Linux
/dev/sda6              34        1209     9446188+  82  Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda7            1210      121601   967048708+  83  Linux

/dev/sda5               /         ext2     noatime,nodiratime,async        0 1
/dev/sda7               /home     reiserfs noatime,nodiratime,async,notail 0 1
/home/bindmounts/opt    /opt      auto     bind                            0 0
/home/bindmounts/var    /var      auto     bind                            0 0
/home/bindmounts/usr    /usr      auto     bind                            0 0
/home/bindmounts/tmp    /tmp      auto     bind                            0 0
/dev/sda6               none      swap       sw                            0 0

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>