On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 07:58:01PM +0800, fei huang wrote:
>    I upgraded rxvt-unicode within just one or two days, right after a
> upgrade to version 9.09,
>
> it does not support transparency any more, but my Xresources had been always
> working for me.
>

> post a snippet of my config file here, thanks.
>
> URxvt.transparent:true
> URxvt.shading:20
> URxvt.tintColor:gray90

(1) To trouble shoot: is this an issue of Xresources or is this an
issue with urxvt itself?

Does 'urxvt -tr -tint gra90 -sh 20' work?

(2) For pseudotransparency and tinting etc you need libafterimage
installed and with rxvt-unicode built against it, look at
  'emerge -pv rxvt-unicode'
did you enable the afterimage USE?

Willie W. Wong                                     ww...@math.princeton.edu
         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton