On 2011-02-25, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I think my machine is possessed or something.  I'm getting random
> reboots here.  When it does this, it is like hitting the reset button.
> It is sitting on the grub screen when it does this.  I noticed the first
> time the other day and this was before adding the extra memory.  I
> seemed to be stable at 4Gbs but I seem to be rebooting at random.  I ran
> memtest yesterday, it checked fine.

By "memtest" I assume mean memtest86?

In my experience, you should let it run multiple passes (I'd recommend
at least 4 or 4 -- I would imagine it'll take a couple days).  I've
seen situations where it was OK on the initial pass, and then failed
later.

The other likely suspect is probably the power supply.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I have a TINY BOWL in
                                  at               my HEAD