Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Sunday 27 February 2011 20:12:29 Dale wrote:

I did overclock my old rig once, folding complained so I set it back and
haven't messed with it since.
Just an aside, Dale, to satisfy my curiosity: is this the protein-folding
BOINC application? What drew you to it? None of my business, I know, so tell
me so if you like, but I'm curious. My BOINC projects are einstein.phys,
setiathome, lhcathome, milkyway and cosmologyathome. They keep this i5
occupied.

I do it because I have a genetic disorder. It may not help me but I hope the folding that I do will help someone. This is the home page:

http://folding.stanford.edu/

I got to find some good way to use all this ram.
I was afraid you'd find that. As I said the other day, my 4GB are enough to
prevent swapping almost all the time.

Yea, but this thing is caching a lot of data. It seems a little more responsive and some programs load a lot faster, the second time of course. The first time it needs to load anyway.

Mem:  16466172k total, 12400648k used,  4065524k free,   642212k buffers
Swap:  2851496k total,        0k used,  2851496k free,  9796516k cached

Maybe I need to start working with editing videos or something.  I got
some on VHS that need to be on DVD.  ^_^
Are you taking commissions?  :-)

I got some old VHS tapes of movies. I would like to transfer them to DVD. Some of my VHS tapes are really old and they don't do real good any more. Also, my VCR is not feeling well either. It has two decks but one of them doesn't rewind much anymore. Still plays but figure that will go out next.

Dale

:-)  :-)