On Sunday 27 February 2011 10:01:42 dhk wrote:
> I have a new laptop that I need to set up for dual booting.  As much as
> I despise Microsoft, I have to use it for certain things.  Such as some
> obscure peripherals, like my slide photo scanner, it doesn't support
> Linux and TD Ameritrade's streaming Java tools don't work the same as on
> Linux.  Until corporation's smarten up Microsoft will be a problem.

Might not be entirely what you're looking for, but when I borrowed a slide
photo-scanner, I also wasn't able to get it to work with Sane.
I did, however, manage to run the scanner from an MS windows onstall under
Virtualbox and passing the USB-slide scanner to that VM.

I actually got better speed that way then when running MS Windows natively.
(scan-speed, that is)

--
Joost