Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 05:42:59 -0500, Dale wrote:

Little light bulb here.  physical volume is the same as a physical
drive?  If I understand it correctly, it is the whole thing
unpartitioned.
No. A physical volume is an area of disk. It can be the whole disk but it
more usually a partition.

Ooooh. Still some progress tho. lol So, if I was going to use LVM, I create a partition first, either whole drive or part of it then use LVM on that? Then comes in the rest of the stuff that I am still trying to get a grip on.

This reminds me of catching a catfish. It's slimy and hard to get a grip on. lol

Dale

:-)  :-)