OK.  I learned something.  Check this out:

root@fireball / # df
<< SNIP >>
/dev/mapper/sdb--vg-test
                      51606140  48910048     74652 100% /mnt/temp
root@fireball / #

This is what I am doing here. As I posted a while ago, I created a 50Gb LV. I attempted to copy about 75Gbs to it which filled it up but I wanted to make sure it would. lol Then I used lvextend -L100G /dev/mapper/sdb--vg-test to make it larger. I read I could do the same thing with lvresize but the example I was reading showed lvextend. This is what I got now:

root@fireball / # lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/sdb-vg/test
  VG Name                sdb-vg
  LV UUID                mixhOb-La6D-BwG4-Uz3l-P0ci-oGg5-YI3mN8
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                100.00 GiB
  Current LE             25600
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           254:0

root@fireball / #

So, according to that it is 100Gbs which is what I wanted. Thing was, it didn't work. So, hmmmm. Light bulb moment. Resize the file system silly. After that, success. So, I created something that wasn''t big enough, filled it up, made it bigger, fixed the file system and now it is working. All while online too. That is the weird part.

Still not comfy putting a OS on it but it is cool so far.

Dale

:-)  :-)