Apparently, though unproven, at 21:45 on Wednesday 08 June 2011, Paul Hartman
did opine thusly:

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Funny thing is, I use googles DNS servers.  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the
> > settings.  I find it ironic that Google is one of the ones hosting this
> > event and it appears their server is not ready.  Makes me think. < Dale
> > scratches chin a bit >
>
> From Google DNS FAQ:
>
> Does Google Public DNS support IPv6?
>     Google Public DNS can respond to requests for IPv6 addresses (AAAA
> requests), but it does not yet support native IPv6 transport and
> cannot talk to IPv6-only authoritative nameservers. Clients should use
> IPv4 network connections to use Google Public DNS.

Almost all large auth servers out there are in exactly that position. Mine
certainly are. Cisco are waiting in the wings with a gigantic[1] quote for
what it will take to change that.

[1] When I say "gigantic" I really do mean "gigantic", as in "OMFG, does the
number of $US fit into the money field in Oracle Financials??". Not "gigantic"
as in "oh, that's big, bigger than what we normally call big".

Just wanted to add some perspective...

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com