On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I take it that loading this module would cut both ways.  If I were to allow
> connections to my server only for *my* IP address, then that would be quite
> difficult to achieve if my IP address changed every few minutes.

Since you can have multiple addresses on an interface, you could
theoretically create a separate route just for your connections to
your server, using a consistent address rather than the randomized
one.

And of course in a world where we all get a large pool of address
space to do with what we please, you could skip the whole
auto-configuration thing entirely and just manually assign whatever
addresses you want. And another bonus is that there are plenty of
funny things we can spell in hexadecimal. ;)