On Wednesday 08 Jun 2011 20:51:10 Paul Hartman wrote:
> 2011/6/8 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerar...@googlemail.com>:
> > 1&1:
> >
> > Test mit IPv4 DNS Eintrag
> > ok (0.712s) verwende ipv4
> > Test mit IPv6 DNS Eintrag
> > ok (0.712s) verwende ipv6 6to4
> > Test mit Dual Stack DNS Eintrag
> > ok (0.726s) verwende ipv4
> > Test mit Dual Stack und grosse Pakete
> > ok (0.665s) verwende ipv4
> > Test IPv4 ohne DNS
> > ok (0.417s) verwende ipv4
> > Test IPv6 ohne DNS
> > ok (0.440s) verwende ipv6 6to4
> > Test grosse IPv6 Pakete
> > ok (0.734s) verwende ipv6 6to4
> > Test ob der DNS server des ISP IPv6 unterstützt
> > bad (1.401s)
> >
> > as the site explains the dns test is a goodie and failing it is not a big
> > deal.
>
> Charter Communications cable internet:
>
> Test with IPv4 DNS record
> ok (0.580s) using ipv4
> Test with IPv6 DNS record
> ok (0.268s) using ipv6
> Test with Dual Stack DNS record
> ok (0.256s) using ipv6
> Test for Dual Stack DNS and large packet
> ok (0.090s) using ipv6
> Test IPv4 without DNS
> ok (0.148s) using ipv4
> Test IPv6 without DNS
> ok (0.162s) using ipv6
> Test IPv6 large packet
> ok (0.092s) using ipv6
> Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6
> ok (0.316s) using ipv6
>
> :)

I find this rather confusing!  Paul is your ISP offering native IPv6 and if
they do does your router speak ipv6?

What does your /etc/resolv.conf show?

When I run this test I get:

Test with IPv4 DNS record
ok (0.552s) using ipv4
Test with IPv6 DNS record
bad (0.197s)
Test with Dual Stack DNS record
ok (0.558s) using ipv4
Test for Dual Stack DNS and large packet
ok (0.239s) using ipv4
Test IPv4 without DNS
ok (0.368s) using ipv4
Test IPv6 without DNS
bad (0.022s)
Test IPv6 large packet
bad (0.025s)
Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6
ok (0.691s) using ipv4

When I run it with Windows 7 I get:

Test with IPv4 DNS record
ok (0.689s) using ipv4
Test with IPv6 DNS record
bad (0.022s)
Test with Dual Stack DNS record
ok      (0.544s) using ipv4
Test for Dual Stack DNS and large packet
ok (0.241s) using ipv4
Test IPv4 without DNS
ok (0.384s) using ipv4
Test IPv6 without DNS