-original message-
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel Modules
From: Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>
Date: 2011-06-11 03:05

>I notice a really long list of things when I do this:
>
>eselect bashcomp list
>
>Is there a way to just enable them all?  Is there some that should NOT
>be enabled, maybe for good reason?

Personally, I do some cherry-picking and enable a bashcomp when I found out I
need it. I have 2 concerns (which may or may not be true):

1. It will make bash (or the whole system) slower

2. For some commands I *might* want the standard completion

That results in a short list of 'essential' bashcomps that I enable this way:

for m in $ESSENTIAL_BASHCOMP; do eselect bashcomp enable $m; done

Shove that line (prepended by ESSENTIAL_BASHCOMP) into a script, save the
script somewhere safe and retrievable, and everytime I need to enable the
bashcomp modules, I'll just download the script and execute it :)

Rgds,
--
FdS Pandu E Poluan
~ IT Optimizer ~