On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 08:35:52AM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
> [...]

well, only when you are hitting tab ... ;)
I know it can be annoying to have to wait a long time when you
accidentally hit tab on a "complex" command..., but when you know how to
do the explicit filename only completion...

> 2. For some commands I *might* want the standard completion

meta-/ (or  ESC then /) for the complete-filename, there are also others
for some other things (variable, username...)
man bash
/Completing

yoyo