On 2 July 2011, at 23:14, Grant wrote:

> After a frustrating experience with a Linksys WRT54GL, I've decided to
> stick with Gentoo routers.

Out of curiosity, could you tell us more about this experience?

The WRT54G(L) is quite dated, and the OpenWRT devs recommend against trying to
do anything fancy on it.

In another post you mentioned that you have a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND, which is a
bunch newer, I think, and should run OpenWRT quite well.

Even if you were to use an Atom-based Gentoo system, I'm sure it would use more
power than an ARM- or MIPS-based commodity router - perhaps twice as much.

Stroller.