Grant wrote:

I'm reading that ASUS and Gigabyte are the way to go for reliability.

- Grant

I can brag about my Gigabyte. When I was doing research on my newest rig, Gigabyte seemed to be the highest rated. As we know, that changes. When I built a rig several years ago, it was Abit. The only complaint I have with my Gigabyte is the RAM sockets are close to the CPU. If they were just a half inch farther over it would be awesome. My CPU cooler fan touched the top of the memory coolers and I got the shortest I could find at the time, that were worth having anyway.

I think I had a ASUS before but can't recall since it was not one of my main rigs. I think it was in a rig I built for a friend of mine. His house burnt so no way to know for sure. It melted. :-( R.I.P. I wouldn't complain about it tho. It worked fine and was stable even during the Gentoo compiles.

Most of this depends on what you want and what you can afford. I never get the latest greatest as it costs to much. You may want and can afford the latest greatest tho. I would just check out the reviews once you get down to a few mobos and see if any problems are reported. Making sure everything is Linux compatable is a good idea too. I got a link to a site of you don't already have one.

Dale

:-)  :-)