On 6 July 2011, at 19:54, Grant wrote:
> I wonder if I'll be able to decode 1080p in software on a single core
> now without losing A/V sync.  I kinda doubt it.  I've been on an
> Athlon X2 3.1Ghz.

Note that some 1080p videos are harder to decode than others. The "birds scene"
from the BBC's Planet Earth documentary is widely used as test video. It's h264
and I believe the encoding is valid but "poorly mastered"; it doesn't play
smoothly on either my Mac or my STB (with a dedicated hardware decoding chip),
but I *presume* it plays on many commodity blu-ray players. I'm sure I must
have tested it on my PS3 but I can't recall how it performs.

Stroller.