Mark Knecht wrote:

And this is exactly why you should consider posting any information
your can find on LKML to let the heavy weight guys figure it out. As I
said earlier, I believe they will take you quite seriously. In general
I would also say that Firefox should be able to cause a kernel panic,
and since it is I know the kernel developers are going to be
interested in what's the root cause.

I don't remember from earlier why you said it was a kernel panic, but
clearly it must be. How are you determining this? Do you have info in
a terminal? For a few problems I've had I've posted digital photos
I've taken and uploaded to FlickR. You might consider doing something
similar.

Cheers,
Mark

The reason I said kernel panic is because someone else posted that when the keyboard lights blink, that is a kernel panic. Sure enough, when Neil told me how to set it up so that it would automatically reboot when the kernel panics, it does just that. I have no reason to think it is anything other than a kernel panic based on nothing but the kernel doing the reboot and the lights blinking.

I would like to report this but I wouldn't even know where to start. If I had a lot more knowledge on how to help track it down, then that would be different. I'm not sure I can help much other than telling them Firefox causes a kernel panic but I have no clue how or why.

Then again, if one of the dev would hold my hand a little, I could copy a install over to my spare drive and then not have to worry about messing up my main install. Fluxbox is OK but I like my KDE better. ;-)

My old rig was in the middle of a update and we just had a nasty little thunderstorm here. It was OOo of course. It was 7 hours into a 9 hour compile when the lights blinked. My old rig isn't on a UPS anymore. Neat huh? I'm glad for the rain tho. My garden needs it really really bad.

Dale

:-)  :-)