On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Francisco Ares <fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> Recently, after blindingly emerging world, X11/Xorg stopped to accept mouse
> and keyboard events. After some ways to figure out what was going on, I
> found that it seems related to "evdev".
>
> Anybody noticed something like that? The xorg-server package (or
> xorg-drivers, can't remember nor check now, because I had to use Windows
> :-(  ) is being built with "evdev" flag, but there is an error in the log
> file about evdev could not be found, as long as "dri" and "dri2". I am using
> nvidia proprietary video driver.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Francisco
> "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
> and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one
> idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -
> George Bernard Shaw

Francisco,

Yes, this happen to me as well.  It happened right after I did a fair
number of updates that were revealed through emerge -vu --deep world.
It appears that one of the packages, which I believe was libpng-1.4,
did not have a properly designed ebuild script and it subsequently
deleted a number of installed portage packages, including
xf86-input-evdev.  I don't know all the details, but I definately say
some notes on this in the forums section.

Art