Francisco Ares writes:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Mick wrote:
> >> Every time after you emerge xorg you're meant to remerge its drivers
> >> (evdev being one of them).  Usually there is some elog message telling
> >> you to run
> >>
> >> qfile to find what is need to be reinstalled:
> >>   qlist -I -C x11-drivers/
> >
> > I think this works too:
> >
> > emerge -1av @x11-module-rebuild
> >
> > Correct me if I am wrong here.

> Thanks for replying, but emerge tells me there are no sets to satisfy
> 'x11-module-rebuild' . Where would it come from? As far as I could tell,
> those sets are manually set, isn't it?

No, you just need a newer portage, probably a version >= 2.2. This seems to
be safe and is often suggested here on this list. Although there are
frequent updates and I wonder if some big bug might slide into portage one
day.

If you want to do so, put

    <sys-apps/portage-9999 **

in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords. Or something like

    =sys-apps/portage-2.2.0_alpha45

to install this version only, but I guess when it moves out of the portage
tree it will be downgraded, so you'd need to put the ebuild into your local
overlay then.

> And by the way, what is the use of 'xorg-drivers' package ?

I think it's just some sort of meta package pulling in the real drivers. At
least the output of equery files xorg-drivers is empty.

        Wonko