On 08/18/2011 10:08 PM, András Csányi wrote:
On 18 August 2011 18:59,<fra...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi, guys

It is a shame, I know, but after several years using Gentoo, it is the first
time I try to build a kernel without "genkernel".

And now I can't boot to that new kernel, it does not find (and really do not
have a) /dev/sda* root partition ("real-root"); during the boot it stops,
complaining about that, gives me the option to get a shell, from which I am
able to see that there is no /dev/sda* .

I have included everything SATA, so it looks like that is not a kernel
problem, but a initramfs issue, I guess.

What am I missing?

Why have you choose this way? I mean, non-genkernel way.

genkernel generates generic (bloated) kernels.