They do, with option -@ <file>.

> and there ability to play sound very slow or backwards is limited ;)

Well... but I'd miss stopping sound (okaaayy... Ctrl-Z and fg), skipping
tracks, or going back in the playlist.

And, as an Amarok user... searching my collection, finding song texts,
rating songs, wikipedia information for artist, album or a specfic song,
tagging, easy sorting of playlists, bookmarks, saving streams to disk,
global shortcuts.

        Wonko