Am 04.10.2011 16:47, schrieb Spidey:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:29, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com
> <mailto:grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2011-10-04, Michael A. Koerber <m...@ll.mit.edu
>     <mailto:m...@ll.mit.edu>> wrote:
>
>     > I have found that use of LABEL=FOO in /etc/fstab doesn't always solve
>     > the problem of disks being reassigned during boot.
>
>     That's because fstab isn't used during boot.  What "root=" setting is
>     passed to your kernel by your bootloader?  Is that using /dev/sda1 or
>     a label?  In order to use a label, I _think_ you need some special magic
>     in an initrd (at least that used to be the case according to what I've
>     googled).
>

> That's my doubt. Last time I've read about, you needed some script to
> "load" the labels.
>
> Claudio Roberto França Pereira (a.k.a. Spidey)

You cannot use labels with the root= parameters. That was provided as
some kind of hack a few years ago but has been removed since. You either
need to use an initramfs for labels or resort to UUIDs. See
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=b5af921ec02333e943efb59aca4f56b78fc0e100

Regards,
Florian Philipp