On Dec 2, 2011 2:50 AM, "Walter Dnes" <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:

>  Corrected "#!/sbin/busybox ash" to "#!/bin/busybox ash" in step 3.  The
> weird part is that my system actually booted and ran fine even with this
> typo in the script.

Amazingly enough, my system also works. Albeit with two red asterisks
during boot. But the errors only affected rc logging, so I didn't pursue
the issue further. Then again, I don't need to do smarty exotic things in
/sbin/linuxrc, so the kernel's default actions of automagically mounting
/proc and /sys saved my posterior ;-)

The only thing left for me now is to figure out how the hey rc logging
perform logging while root is still ro. I currently have suppressed the red
asterisks by remounting root rw in /sbin/linuxrc, but am thinking of
reverting that because fsck won't work. Yes, the fsck can be performed
inside /sbin/linuxrc, but I rather not do that to keep /sbin/linuxrc
simple.

Am going to parse the initscripts later today to figure things out.

Rgds,