Jason Weisberger wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response on the result, but i decided to do a makeopts -j1 while i was at it. Compile has been going on for two hours. Shoot me :)

I doubt this is the issue but I ran into a weird one a while back. I have a data drive, it's mounted on /data and stores all sorts of stuff including movies. Anyway, when the drive was being wrote to and reached a certain point, it would cause a hard lock up most of the time. Sometimes I could use SysReq keys to get it back. My point is, somewhere in the back of your mind, ask yourself if something, swap maybe, could be hitting a certain spot on a drive or file system.

In the end, I moved all my data off that drive, redone the file system, moved all the data back and it has worked fine ever since. It's weird I know. Just keep that in mind in case something comes up and this is what is going on. Puters do weird things just to throw use a curve ball and make us scratch our heads until we are bald.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"