Hello list,

For the last few days I've been unable to emerge anything that needs a C
compiler. I've started getting this error message in the logs:

$ grep Graphite /var/log/portage/perl-core:Sys-
Syslog-0.290.0:20120105-150502.log
Syslog.c:1:0: sorry, unimplemented: Graphite loop optimizations cannot be used

So I tried removing graphite by putting USE=-graphite in make.conf, removing  -
floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -floop-block from CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, and
uninstalling ppl and cloog-ppl. I also remerged gcc, libtool and binutils, in
that
order, twice.

I still get the same errors. What can I try next?

--
Rgds
Peter           Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23