On 2012-01-10 2:12 PM, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruineh...@fu-berlin.de> wrote:
The simpelest solution should be to copy the password-hash of a user
whose password is know to you.
Afterwards you can log in an change the password again.

Thanks, I like that better and it worked like a charm, this way the root account is never unprotected (even for a minute)... although remote root login is disabled anyway...

And for the future:http://xkcd.com/936/  ;)

I couldn't live without Passwordmaker (Firefox Addon), with it, I can have as strong and random passwords as I want on every site, it auto fills the username/password for me (if it is a web login page), but doesn't store any password anywhere...

http://passwordmaker.org/