Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2012-01-11 11:51 AM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
I use Lastpass for my stuff. It is encypted locally but available
anywhere. It works pretty well.

Heard good things about it, but I prefer something that doesn't store the passwords anywhere, ever...

I have to many places to remember all the passwords tho. Having just one or two password isn't a good idea either.

These things sure beat trying to remember a really strong password. My
bank and credit card passwords are off the chart.

Yeah, but what about those moron banks that only allow you to use lowercase letters - and only a max of 6 - for the password? I'm not sure if it as big a problem as it was, but I have changed banks over things like that, and told them why in the process.

I agree with that. My bank made some changes that I didn't agree with too. I sent them information about how their process was tested by MIT and some University in California and it failed the test badly. I then figured out a way to work around that and still have my really good password. If they won't let me have a good password, I won't be doing anything online. I'll just pick up the phone and call them to check on balances and such until they fix it. My bank does allow customers to disable online access.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"