On 01/17/2012 08:55 AM, Chris Walters wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about cross compiling in Gentoo - specifically cross
compiling for W32/W64.  I tried their preferred method and didn't like it, so I
downloaded the appropriate Mingw64 build files, set up a cross compile account,
with the appropriate paths, variables, etc.  Most packages compile correctly
(though it sometimes takes some code hacking - and yes they do run in Win 7),
but there are some I can't seem to get to build properly - usually the ones
that have make files for MS Visual Studio.  I have no interest in purchasing
Visual Studio.

My question is, does anyone know of any good resources (mailing lists, sites,
etc.) on cross compiling on a GNU/Linux platform for a W32/W64 platform?  The
searches I've run have directed me to sites that talk about using MSYS and
Mingw on a W32 platform (I don't have all year to build a single package).  I
am looking to build GraphicsMagick, and some helpful tools for W64 (though I'd
accept W32, if that's the only way).

I'm using mingw-cross-env and it works like a charm.  It's for w32 only.

http://www.nongnu.org/mingw-cross-env

With it, you can build apps for Windows very easily, including apps using Qt, Gtk, SDL, etc.