On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:00:57 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> > That behavior can be controlled by your FEATURES settings
>> > (collision-protect or protect-owned) and optionally modified further
>> > in make.conf by COLLISION_IGNORE.
>
>> Good to know. I guess the default setting must be to overwrite as I've
>> not made any of those setting changes.
>
> emerge --info will show you the settings in use.
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick

Of course, but if you don't know about collision-protect, for
instance, then how would one even know to put it there?

man make.conf does show the collision-protect option, along with some
others that look cool. I haven't read that man page in literally
years, if not close to a decade!

Cheers,
Mark

FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles
news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict
unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"