On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:44:18 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> >> Good to know. I guess the default setting must be to overwrite as
> >> I've not made any of those setting changes.
> >
> > emerge --info will show you the settings in use.

> Of course, but if you don't know about collision-protect, for
> instance, then how would one even know to put it there?

emerge --info shows the defaults and settings from your profile, not just
what you put in make.conf. I have nothing relating to collision
protection in make.conf but emerge --info shows protect-owned in FEATURES
(I think the default used to be collision-protect).

--
Neil Bothwick

This message has been cruelly tested on sweet little furry animals.