On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 09:55:07PM +0200, Penguin Lover Nikos Chantziaras
squawked:
> The PGO optimized build that Mozilla is shipping.  You can also build
> with PGO from source, but that means building FF *twice* in a row (by
> enabling the "pgo" USE flag).  I doubt that with the old laptop anyone
> is building FF twice with PGO, and that means that the -bin package
> should be faster.

Call me a sadist, but on my netbook I did build FF with +pgo.

I figured, if I was going to let it build overnight and more, why not?
:)
(FWIW, it took 7hrs and 40 minutes to build FF8.)

         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton