On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 02:50:46 +0700
Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:

> So, as you can see, binary distros can still fuck up royal time. Not
> to mention that if you have an exotic configuration, support for your
> configuration might not be built into the kernel by the distro.
>
> Somehow I believe people deploying Gentoo servers will be much more
> careful...

Oh, the people who deploy Gentoo are certainly that careful.

It's the junior admins who type "emerge world" and walk away that
aren't up to the task. I sadly had to ban Gentoo on production at work
for that reason, but it's still highly recommended for -dev and -stage
machines.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com