On 8/23/05, krzaq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmmmm...
> If you specify one timeserver, ntp cannot tell which clock is drifting
> away (local
> or remote). Ntpd trusts the local clock more than the remote one.
> Large offsets cause ntpd to discard 192.168.7.1 as reliable timesource.
> Try adding on this one machine more time servers and observe what will happen.

I have another network of servers that are on a hosting company. I'll
set up ntpd on one of those machines and let the internal machines get
in sync with these 2 servers and see what happens.
I guess I have lots of things to learn about ntp's internals.

Thanks

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477