On Wednesday 24 August 2005 02:16, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales
wrote:
> Yes, I found a kernel patch that does that. It allocates all the bad
> memory sectors in kernel space permanetely, so they can't be used.
> But, I found it too late. The memory is so bad now that it doesn't
> even tries to boot. It just stops after detecting all IDE devices.
> Gonna have to buy new memory boards...

when your ram becomes worse in some few days, there is a great chance, that
not the ram, but the PSU is the culprit.

When a PSU is becoming weak, it is not able to hold the voltages at sufficient
levels - lockups and ram-errors are then common problems.