On Mar 28, 2012 1:17 PM, "Pandu Poluan" <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2012 11:27 AM, "Mike Edenfield" <kut...@kutulu.org> wrote:
> >

> > Well, for one, the initramfs solution is not generally considered "ugly"
> > except by a select vocal few who object to it on vague, unarticulated
> > grounds.
>
> Check out the email from William Kenworth in this mailing list; he's
having trouble with initramfs being a blackbox.

> As a (mostly) server guy, I much prefer using a whitebox.
>
> I happen to have /usr on a VHD, so I don't need an initramfs for booting
(that, plus my production servers are all udev-less). If push comes to
shove, what I'll do is create a vestigial /usr in the root partition, and
have it overlaid by mounting the actual root over it.

That should be: "mounting the actual /usr over it."

Rgds,