From: Dale [mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com]

> I had to reboot so I made a new init thingy with the -H switch.  It works in
> Console but nothing root works in KDE.  I get the same error.
> Heck, Konsole won't even try to come up much less ask for my password.
> Krusader asks for password and says that su is not in the path.  This is
> similar
> to what I got when I was in a Console too.

It sounds like your path might be getting messed up.

What are the output/results of the following commands:

$ which su
$ echo $PATH
$ su -

For each of the following: logged in to a normal virtual console as root,
logged in to a normal virtual console as a normal user, and running Konsole as
a standard user when logged in via KDM?

--Mike