On Thursday 10 May 2012 12:47:51 Dale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There was a thread a while back that talked about flash.  Well, I let
> mine upgrade and now it crashes, badly.  I unmerged adobe-flash then
> tried lightspark and gnash.  Neither of those work on sites I tried,
> which is sites I go to a good bit.
>
> Since Adobe is dropping Linux flash, that's what I read anyway, what is
> everyone using for flash now?
>
> Things I tried so far:
>
> www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.3.183.18
> www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.233
> www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.235
> gnash-0.8.10-r2
> lightspark-0.5.6
>
> The version that worked last is:
>
> www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.1.102.55
>
> It's no longer in the tree of course.  < sighs >
>
> Ideas?

The latest stable www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.235 includes the sse2check
flag and warnings about it - I take it that you have taken hid of these?

$ euse -i sse2check
global use flags (searching: sse2check)
no matching entries found

local use flags (searching: sse2check)
[-      ] sse2check
    www-plugins/adobe-flash: This flag, enabled by default, will check
    for sse2 support on your cpu and die if not found. If you are
    remote-building this package, you can disable this flag but you have
    been warned
              10.3.183.18 [gentoo]
        [+ B] 11.2.202.228 [gentoo]
        [+ B] 11.2.202.233 [gentoo]