Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Ignas Anikevicius
> <anikevic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I was wondering if the following is possible:
>>    - Add a lot of daemons to a newly created runlevel post-default
>>    - Switch to it after the xdm is started (or after some time)
>>
>> I want to do this, so that I do not have to wait while non-crucial
>> services are being started (e.g. fcron, bitlbee, ntpd to name a few).
>> Maybe it is possible to somehow prioritize the initscripts?
>>
>> Another related question is that I come from Arch and there I could just
>> give the *order* of the daemons/initscripts to start and some of them
>> could be started and 'in background'. Is it possible to do that with
>> openrc? I saw the rc_parallel option in rc.conf, but I do not know,
>> whether I need anything else.
>
> Be aware that the rc_parallel option has never been really supported,
> and it actually doesn't appear in the /etc/rc.conf of the one machine
> I have access to that still uses OpenRC.
>
> You may want to try systemd, it sounds like it does (out of the box)
> exactly what you want to.
>
> Regards.

Just to add for the OP, this was discussed on -dev and it was removed,
although you can still try it if you want, a good while back because it
was causing problems.  I don't know anything much about systemsd but
according to the devs, you shouldn't use the parallel option with openRC
unless you want to keep up with the problems.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: