Hi :)

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2012 15:34:07 +0200
> Rafa Griman <rafagri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all :)
>>
>> New to this mailing list. I'm installing Gentoo and when I run
>> revdep-rebuild I get the following error
>>
>> # revdep-rebuild
>>  * Configuring search environment for revdep-rebuild
>> gawk: cmd. line:3: error: Unmatched [ or [^: /[^[:space:]]/
>> gawk: cmd. line:3: error: Unmatched [ or [^: /[^[:space:]]/
>> gawk: cmd. line:3: error: Unmatched [ or [^: /[^[:space:]]/
>> gawk: cmd. line:3: error: Unmatched [ or [^: /[^[:space:]]/
>>  * No search defined -- this is a bug.
>
> You have stumbled upon a heretofore unseen behaviour of
> revdep-rebuild :-)
>
> In other words "we ain't never seen it do that before..."

<sigh> ... Well I guess there's always a first time ;) Nah, seriously,
first time I've seen it too.

> Let's first establish where you are at in the installation.
>
> Are you following the Installation Guide at gentoo.org?

Yup, followed the guide. Just FYI, I have an Asus R2 system running
Gentoo in which I haven't had this issue and now I just installed an
MSI Wind netbook in which I'm having this issue :(

> If so, what point in the guide are you at? Are you still in the chroot
> environment, or have you completed that part and successfully rebooted
> at least once?

Nope, not in the chroot environment, already rebooted. Everything
(seems) to work OK, except for revdep-rebuild and the qca compilation.

Right now I was going to install KDE and all the needed software to
get a useful desktop up and running so it's a minimal system.

> Do you have any personal customizations in your shell environment?

Nope.

> Is the shell bash?

Yup.

> And some basic info:
> Post the entire content of /etc/make.conf and the output of "emerge
> --info"

I'll send this as soon as I get home tonight since I don't have the
netbook here with me.

Thanks for your time !!!

   Rafa