On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 22:10:44 -0500, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:

> > I mostly gentoo, but ubuntu has this marvellous tool 'boot-repair'
> > based on grub2 in the yannbuntu repo. With one click it finds all the
> > bootable partitions on your box, writes and installs the grub.cfg.
> > Next time you boot viola! there's all your OSes ready to be started.
>
> It should be a front-end for grub2-mkconfig, which in Gentoo uses
> os-prober:

As does Ubuntu. But os-prober is used to find non-Linux installations.
There are other scripts to detect Linux and Xen installs. All of these
are configurable, which is one of the strengths of GRUB2, it is not a
Linux bootloader, it is more universal and adapts itself well to the wide
variety of systems it may be used on. This makes it a much better choice
for distros.

--
Neil Bothwick

In the begining, there was nothing.