On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:12 PM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/28/2012 03:41 PM, Dale wrote:
> > Paul Hartman wrote:
> >> grub 2.00 has been released!
> >>
> >> https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/
>

> > I wasn't expecting it to be that soon.  I guess it will hit the tree
> > pretty soon then.  Well, we all need to think about the goods and bads
> > of upgrading or staying with the old.  I'm thinking about using the new
> > one pretty soon.  Heck, they ticked me off pretty bad with the /usr and
> > init thingy so I may as well jump off the cliff I was pushed up to.  :/
> >
> > 1/4 of the way down, all is good so far.  1/2 way down and all is good
> > so far.  3/4 way down and all is good so far.  I'm worried about that
> > sudden stop now.  O_O
>
> Well said :)
>
> I've heard a rumor that Windows doesn't like GUID partition tables, so
> I haven't yet installed grub2 on my one machine that still multiboots
> between operating systems.  (That's my one remaining machine with a
> legal install of Windows.)  I confess I'm not interested enough to
> confirm the rumor, so I continue to wait because there is no incentive
> for me to make the change.

I've never had a problem with Grub 2 + Windows (XP, Vista, 7, still
haven't had the will to sacrifice myself for 8).  Although sometimes
it seems, with all the complaining some linux users like to do about
new software, I must be a wee bit lucky.  Been using Grub 2 alpha/beta
for years with much success!  I've so far enjoyed the configuration
more than legacy Grub.