120720 Dale wrote to me as OP:
> If you need help with this, i'd be glad to help you pick parts
> for your build.  The biggest thing is to make sure things work together.

Thanks for the offer & the other advice from everyone so far.
I built machines successfully in 2000 2003 2007
& am still using the last  2 , tho' the 2007 mobo failed (ASUS)
& its replacement is showing minor bugs (glad I got in-store warranty).
Therefore, I'm not looking for basic advice how to put a box together.

I'm also willing to pay for a fast upto-date CPU,
but not of course whatever came out just last week,
which will soon drop in price & will still need some bugs sorting out.
I don't have to choose between a good CPU & a good SSD
& expect to get a competitive price from Canada Computers, as before.

Any further thoughts re Intel vs AMD wb very welcome.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca