On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Peter Humphrey
<pe...@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 02 August 2012 16:50:36 Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> Dunno about the python-3.2 thing. Are you set to use 3.2 by default?
>> (How aggressive of you!) ;-) I'm set to use 2.7 as default which I
>> think is the overall recommendation of dummies like me:
>
> I thought so too, so I was surprised to find a few weeks ago that
> something had set 3.2 as default. With 3.2 I get similar results to
> Alex's but with 2.7 it works properly.
>
> --
> Rgds
> Peter

I haven't found any official Gentoo documentation that says we should
be using anything other than 2.7 as default.

If something changed a setting like that (during an install or
otherwise) it could be quite frustrating to find. Sorry for your
problems.

I've seen one package in an overlay that's starting to look for python-4. Scary!

Cheers,
Mark