Mark Knecht writes:

> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Alex Schuster <wo...@wonkology.org>
> wrote:
> > Mark Knecht writes:
> >
> >> Check out the very nice 'lsdrv' script by Phil Turmel. Run it, save a
> >> copy of the output for bad times.
> >>
> >> https://github.com/pturmel/lsdrv
> >
> > That doesn't work here, and I do not understand why. In line 305 it
> > tries and fails to create /dev/block, which is already existing.
> >
> > if not os.path.exists('/dev/block'):
> >         os.mkdir('/dev/block', 0755)
> >
> > Uh, is this a python bug? It works fine with python 2.7, but not with
> > 3.2. But os.path.exists() is quite a basic function, if that wouldn't
> > work, I'd expect all things to break, including emerge.
> >
> > Nice script. Much similar to lshw I think, but it shows more stuff,
> > like LVM names and UUIDS. Thanks!

> Dunno about the python-3.2 thing. Are you set to use 3.2 by default?
> (How aggressive of you!) ;-) I'm set to use 2.7 as default which I
> think is the overall recommendation of dummies like me:

Portage should work well with 3.2 now, but I wouldn't wonder much if
something would break. I don't mind much about this, when it happens I
file a bug report, and use 2.7 again. But the problem with
os.path.exists() seems weird to me.

> c2stable ~ # eselect python list
> Available Python interpreters:
>   [1]   python2.7 *
>   [2]   python3.2
> c2stable ~ #
>
> The script has been around awhile and updated now and again. Possibly
> it's just not tested with python-3.2?

I guess so. Hmm, does anybody want to provide an ebuild on
bugs.gentoo.org for it? It would be nice to have it in portage.

        Wonko