Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> New question about HDMI.  I have a pretty nice video card that has a 15
>> pin connector and HDMI.  Do I have to do anything special to use the
>> HDMI or does it just send the same signal to both connectors?  I have my
>> monitor hooked to the 15 pin connector but would like to hook my TV to
>> the HDMI connector.  Same signal on both is fine with me.  I would just
>> rather watch movies and such on my TV instead of my monitor.  I googled
>> a while back and just couldn't figure out how this works.  It seems to
>> me that it works different based on how it is set up or something.  My
>> card is Nvidia and it is a GT220 with 1Gb of ram.  It was donated so no
>> links or anything.
> If you use the nvidia-drivers package you should also emerge
> nvidia-settings, which has a nice GUI that will let you configure the
> multiple screens and decide how you'd like to treat them.

I have that installed but I guess I have to plug it up to be able to do
anything related to settings.  I need to try this one day.  It could be
that HDMI has a better picture somehow.

Thanks for the info tho.  At least now I know where to set this up.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!