Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Paul Hartman wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>> Actually, I believe with the newest nvidia-drivers packages
>> nvidia-settings is now part of that package so no need to emerge it
>> specifically anymore.
>>
>> mark@slinky ~ $ eix -Ic nvidia
>> [I] dev-util/nvidia-cuda-sdk (4.2{tbz2}@09/01/12): NVIDIA CUDA
>> Software Development Kit
>> [I] dev-util/nvidia-cuda-toolkit (4.2{tbz2}@09/01/12): NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit
>> [I] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers (304.48{tbz2}@09/14/12): NVIDIA X11
>> driver and GLX libraries
>> Found 3 matches.
>> mark@slinky ~ $ equery files nvidia-drivers | grep nvidia-settings
>> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/95-nvidia-settings
>> /opt/bin/nvidia-settings
>> /usr/share/man/man1/nvidia-settings.1.bz2
>> mark@slinky ~ $
>>
>> I think this has been true for awhile but I only recently ran across it.
> You're right, it is installed via the "tools" USE flag on nvidia-drivers now.

I still have both installed here.  I'll get rid of the settings one and
see what happens.  This may explain why I have two entries in the K menu
tho.  There may be two versions installed, knowing me, I'm clicking on
the old one.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!